Oh boy, here we go. The stigma related to the adult entertainment has always made things a little harder.
Finding a merchant processing account for your adult entertainment business is one of the many hurdles that entrepreneurs face.
If sex sells and money talks, then a business in any industry is only as successful as its merchant payment process allows it to be.
At First Card Payments we understand this clearly. We are a payment processing company with 20 years of experience and over 30+ relationships with banks and ISOs, many of which will accept the Adult Entertainment Industry.
You will be told by our competitors that you must pay outrageous merchant processing fees because the adult industry is taboo; not with us. The reality is that, as far as high-risk industries go, adult entertainment is among the easiest for us to have approved quickly.
Benefits of Adult Merchant Accounts:
- Up to 25% off the markup on your current fees.
- No early termination fees or cancellation fees.
- All credit levels & bad credit accepted.
- Personal FCP consultant.
- Benefit from our relationships.
Benefit from our networks.
- Mitigate & Fix Chargebacks.
- Customized Online Merchant Processing gateways.
Don’t Make This Common Mistake
A common mistake a lot of first-time adult industry merchants make is opening a Square, PayPal, or Stripe account, only to find a few days later their funds are frozen, and their account is terminated. The problem is that these payment processors approve almost any business, even if that business is on their prohibited list. They don’t pre underwrite the files, so you slide under the radar for the first week or so and when found out your funds are held for a minimum of 180 days. Yikes!
Don’t fall into that landmine. At First Card Payments we will get your company approved for the correct merchant account from day one, so you can focus on growing your business.
We have provided fast approval for adult merchant accounts in each of these industries:
- Dating sites
- Escort services
- Adult toys and novelties
- Online Lingerie
- Adult bookstores and magazines
- Adult eBooks
- Strip clubs
- Adult content and membership
Ensure you avoid chargebacks. We can help!
How to Apply for an Adult High Risk Merchant Account
Adult entertainment is now one of the biggest industries in the world yet a lot of banks still deny applications for merchant accounts from companies offering adult services. Running this type of business may make it harder for you to get an approval because you’re tagged as a high risk merchant.
Aside from processing card-not-present transactions, adult entertainment is considered high risk because you’re processing a large number of transactions, offering subscription-based services and just the nature of the business has several legal restrictions.
But the good news is; there is still a possibility for you to get approved for a high risk merchant account, especially if you follow these tips:
- Save money. Banks will look for stability in the businesses they grant merchant accounts to. So one of the best ways to get their approval is to have some money stashed in a separate account that will serve as your emergency fund. You will only use this reserve account for refunds and chargeback fees, and it will show banks that you are serious about your business so they should also take you seriously.
- Build good credit. If this is your first business, you should start building a business credit score by getting a business line of credit or a business credit card. Also, make sure to pay on time and even early if you can so you can establish good credit and get good scores from major reporting agencies. If you have bad credit, that could lessen your chances of getting approved.
- Always choose honesty. The thing is, you can’t hide anything from banks, especially with matters concerning your business. So if you’ve had a previous merchant account terminated or one of your businesses has gone bankrupt, you need to be honest about them and prepare to answer questions from the bank you’re applying for. Although these situations may be red flags for some banks, they don’t mean that you’ll not be approved anymore. You just have to tell the truth rather than the bank finding out that you’re lying.
- Complete your paperwork. Before you apply for a merchant account, you need to be ready with all the paperwork that would prove your credibility as a business.
As an adult entertainment business, you will be required to submit a valid, government-issued ID, three months of your recent bank statements, a bank letter, and your Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN).
By having all these documents ready, you can make the process shorter and show banks that you’re really preparing for your application.
If you get approved for an adult high risk merchant account, you need to make sure that you can keep it for a long time. Avoid chargebacks as much as you can, offer better customer service, be accessible to your customers, and embrace good practices when processing payments.
You may have to deal with more challenges and higher rates as a high risk merchant, but you can always prove to banks that you’re worthy of their trust.