This privacy statement applies to First Card Payments and other technology resources owned and operated by FCP such as mobile applications, web payment portals on this site or on site operated by other organizations that use such portal, social platforms, (“Payment Technologies”). This privacy statement describes how FCP (“we”, “us”, “our”) collects and uses the personal information you provide through our Payment Technologies. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information. Additionally, the provisions contained herein supersede all previous notices or statements regarding our privacy practices with respect to this websites and any websites associated with our Payment Technologies.
Collection of Information:
As otherwise stated herein, we may collect public and nonpublic information about our customers from the following sources:
- Applications, forms and other information provided to us by our customers.
This information may be collected in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include our customer’s name, physical address, email address, telephone number, employment information, income history, social security or federal tax identification number, and credit references.
- Transactions completed with FCP, its affiliates or business partners.
Our business partners and affiliates include financial institutions, trade references, governmental agencies or any other entity that we may deal with in the normal course of doing business. This information may include past payment history, funds availability and account usage.
- Consumer reporting agencies.
This information may include account information and information about our customer’s creditworthiness.
- Information obtained through the public domain.
This information may include real estate records, telephone numbers or any other information that is available to the general public.
- Collection of Information Through Our Web Sites.
When you visit or make use of FCP Payment Technology resources, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information in order for us to provide you with the products or services that you have requested. For instance, when you order a product, we may ask you to become a registered user of our web site, during which you will be asked for your name, shipping and billing addresses, your e-mail address, and your credit card number or other payment-related information. In addition, our Web servers track various technical details about your visit, but limited to statistical information regarding web site traffic. However, that statistical information does not identify the individual user or visitor and does not contain any personally identifiable information about you. We use this information to monitor and improve our Payment Technologies.
Disclosure and Protection of Information Collected.
To the extent permitted or required by law, or in order to provide you with the products and services you desire to purchase, we may need to share information with third parties in which we disclose the information we collect, as described above, to banks (for processing your payment), business partners, affiliates, and the representatives who (i) service our customers, including, but not limited to, obtaining commercial and credit information to establish, maintain or renew a customer contract; and (ii) if we have a commercially justifiable reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a cardholder or someone fraudulently using personal information contained on a credit card) who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) to or with our rights or property, customers or other users of our website(s), or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. In addition, we may transmit your personally identifiable information to service providers who assist us or our business partners in processing orders and shipping products to you. Additionally, in the event that FCP or any of its business partners sells their assets, business or controlling interest in such company, in whole or in part, or if they enters into a merger with another unrelated entity, then such personal information shall be considered as a part of its business assets and accordingly may be transferred and/or assigned as part of such transaction. Apart from the above-described transfers and permitted use of your personal information, we do not sell any of our customer information. In order to make sure that our information is accurate, updated and secure, we take the following additional measures:
- Current Information.
We attempt to keep our records regarding customer information current and accurate. If any of our customers have reason to believe that our records are not current or are inaccurate, We respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- Limited Access.
Our employees have been educated on the importance of customer privacy and confidentiality and have been trained in the proper handling of customer information and instructed to adhere to the strictest of security measures set in place. Employee access to a customer’s confidential information is only granted on a need-to-know basis.
- Electronic Information Secure.
All information that is stored electronically is secured by reasonably available technology, including but not limited to firewalls and data encryption. Any credit card information you enter on one of our Payment Technologies websites or platforms is strongly encrypted by industry-standard protocol, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Such site(s) uses SSL to communicate with secure browsers like Safari, Internet Explorer and other browsers. These browsers encrypt your credit card and personally identifiable information in a way that makes it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept and misuse while being transmitted between your computer and our server. Once you have completed your order online, our security procedures do not end. We take appropriate precautions to protect the security and privacy of the information stored on our computer networks. Many of the systems which store your personally identifiable information are not connected to the Internet, reducing the likelihood of security breaches. Our systems are also housed in secure data storage facilities, and access to your data by our employees is limited to a “need to know” basis, controlled by password protected systems, and monitored for abuse. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its ABSOLUTE SECURITY.
- “Cookies” give users a special, random ID that are small text files, which are stored on the hard drive of a user’s computer. We employ cookies only in our online referral form to recognize you if you are an active client in order to populate this from with your contact information. Use of this cookie eliminates the need for users of this form to type in their contact information each time they use this form. If you are such a client, you may setup your computer to not accept cookies from this Web site; however disabling such feature may prohibit you from using forms.
Accessing, Updating, Or Deleting My Personally Identifiable Information
- If you are a registered user on one of our Payment Technology websites or mobile devices, you can access, delete or modify your personal information. For security reasons, however, due to security reasons, some parts of your personally identifiable information may not be changed online and may require you to call or write to us in order to verify your identity before such changes can be made.
What Information Will Be Disclosed If Required By Law?
- If required by law, we may provide any and all information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, warrant, or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction. In all cases, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request.