Firearms Retailers Merchant Accounts
Fast Approval + 25% Lower Fees
First Card Payments has over 20 years experience as a high risk merchant processor.
Do you need a high risk merchant account for your firearm business? First Card Payments can help. With over 20 years of experience in the payment process industry, we have worked with high risk merchant and firearms sellers and got them accounts fast.
Operating as a firearms retailer has a lot of risks, though the business is legal. Something as little as accepting credit card payment can pose a big difficulty. There are also bank risks. Retaining a reliable merchant service account requires effort. The Firearms industry has faced several stagnations in the past due to the following:
- Government policies affecting retailer sales, limiting sales to a particular age group.
- Media attention for unfavorable reasons.
We Know How to Help
We provide high risk merchant accounts for firearm retailers throughout the U.S. Many merchants often ask how they can lower their processing rates. Know that this is a high-risk industry, so your processing rates are usually not higher than other niches. It is very important that you have a low chargeback rate. Customer complaints to card issuers can mar your business. Scrutinize sales to reduce the risk of fraudulent card use.
Why High Risk?
- Chargebacks: When a purchase made on a credit card is disrupted by a customer, chargeback occurs. Usually, for an online sale, the complaint could be that the order never arrived, or it was a wrong item that was shipped or in some other cases, the order arrived already damaged. To avoid the problem of a chargeback, carefully examine identification before accepting a credit card. It is advisable to include a valid phone number into the payment form so that customers can verify the purchase.
- Regulatory Changes Potential: Due to the increasing rate of gun violence, there is a call for strict gun control laws. Account-holders who do not obey strict regulations on gun sales are banned. Unfortunately, you cannot control people’s actions but you can abide by regulations and also have a good customer relationship, this will help you understand your customer better and defend yourself if need be.
- Fraudulent Purchases: For every organization that accepts credit cards, stolen cards and ID theft are expected. Do ensure that you understand and make use of best practices to reduce fraud. Get a merchant provider that understands firearms e-commerce risk. Discuss your fraud prevention policies as you apply for your high risk merchant accounts for firearm retailers.
- High Dollar Transactions: The dollar transaction for firearms is between $500- 2,500 apiece, that's high. The way to deal with this is to confirm with the processing bank that the charge will be made and handle any dispute that arises immediately.
- Seasonal Fluctuations: There are specific times of the year when firearms sales fluctuates. Avoid problems with seasonal fluctuations by getting a provider that knows the in and out of the industry.
Although the firearm industry is considered high risk, it doesn’t mean you must pay high fees for merchant services.
It’s true an adult business merchant account will incur higher fees than a traditional merchant account considered low risk by the merchant processing industry.
Unfortunately, most merchant processing companies will take unfair advantage of you being in the high risk category and charge exorbitant fees. You won’t hear this from your adult merchant account provider, but each and every high risk merchant processing company uses a particular ISO that works with the bank. That’s how the industry works.
The ISO sets a fee which the merchant processing company can’t go below, but they can go higher and they do. The merchant processing company you contacted marks up that fee, 9 out of 10 times, way more than they should. At First Card Payments, our mission is to create long lasting client relationships. We put the same level of care into creating relationships with our clients, the banks, and ISO’s that we partner with to provide adult merchant account solutions.
Honesty and transparency are our calling cards. You get lower fees and we maintain a long lasting client relationship; it’s a win-win.
Why First Card Payments
- No application or setup fees (unlike just about everybody else). We don’t believe in nickel and diming you or hiding fees that you won’t see until later.
- Most times there will be no early termination fees or cancellation fees, which means this agreement is month to month, so you can leave anytime without consequences.
- Whether you’ve been in business many years or you have at least 6 months of prior processing history, 99% of the time First Card Payments will save you a minimum of 25% of the markup of your current fees.
- Over the past decade we have accumulated over 30+ relationships with banks and ISOs. Some of these relationships are personal and directly with the owners, presidents, and CEOS of these companies. That can only be a big advantage for approvals which may need special considerations.
- No matter the situation- termination reasons (high chargebacks, bad credit, card not present (CNP))- we have additional solutions that will accept almost any situation.
Our expertise is what sets us apart. Unlike our competition, we are in this for the long haul and we want to help, consult and guide your business for quick approvals and long-term merchant processing success. We will strategize with you to keep your merchant processing efficient, easy and affordable. We will help you keep chargeback ratios down, as well as helping you grow without being limited by merchant processing caps, so you can expand. We like to set our clients up with backup accounts, thereby giving you an added layer of protection if an account gets terminated for any reason.
We are not just an Auto Transport business merchant account provider; we are in your corner, fighting for you behind the scenes.