Travel agencies aren’t going anywhere. It’s a billion-dollar industry that includes over 11,000 travel agencies in the US. Despite the fact that it’s a lucrative business, it’s still difficult to obtain travel agency merchant accounts. This also applies to other travel-related merchant accounts such as timeshare businesses, vacation rentals, and companies that offer vacation packages, among countless others. If you own a travel agency, partnering with a reliable merchant services provider that specializes in high-risk industries will give you a better chance of getting approved for an account so you can effectively process payments and help your business take off.
Why Travel Agencies Are High-Risk Businesses
While some people spontaneously decide to book a flight or take a road trip, the fact of the matter is that travel requires a bit of planning, which means making reservations in advance. Accepting payments for this type of business model is already tricky, made especially challenging since plans often change depending on the circumstances and people request refunds and so on. This is one of the reasons businesses are considered high-risk in the travel industry.
As a travel agency acting as a third party or a middle man of sorts, these situations are even more difficult to manage.
Benefits of Travel Agency Merchant Accounts with FCP
- Up to 25% off the markup on your current fees
- No early termination fees or cancellation fees
- Personal FCP consultant
- Benefit from the relationships within our network
- Chargeback mitigation and prevention
- Encrypted merchant processing gateways that are easy to use
Choosing First Card Payments for Your Travel Agency Merchant Account
Travel agencies are considered high risk because the industry is susceptible to fraud, poor chargeback management, and frequent misunderstanding of the payment policy from clients.
Chargeback mitigation is vital to your success as a travel agent. Your personal consultant at First Card Payments offers chargeback prevention tips for your travel agency in order to maintain a low chargeback rate and avoid higher merchant fees. Additionally, our team also helps you with secure payment gateways to ensure your payments are processed safely.
Understanding what to look for in a payment processor when you open a travel agency merchant account is essential for the success of your business. First Card Payments extends numerous benefits to our high-risk clients.
- While other merchant providers mark up the fee minimums set by banks and ISOs, FCP is able to lower those fees by up to 25% most of the time.
- We work with you to mitigate chargeback disputes and even prevent them altogether.
- Our team offers encrypted payment gateways that are reliable and easy to use. We also provide web development for all payment gateways.
- First Card Payments values honesty and transparency to ensure we maintain long-lasting relationships with all our clients.
As a travel agency, you need a merchant service provider that specializes in high-risk merchant accounts for the best chance at success. First Card Payments is that provider.
Merchant Account Experts for Travel Agencies
Offshore accounts and domestic high-risk merchant accounts can be quite costly, but First Card Payments will lower your merchant fees to a reasonable amount, allowing you to run your travel agency and accept payments without hassle. We have cultivated relationships with over 30 banks and ISOs, which help our clients get fast approvals and lower fees, among other benefits.