Travel agencies aren’t going anywhere. With over 11,000 travel agencies in the US, It’s one of the top 10 industries as far as employing people in the US. It’s a billion-dollar industry.
Yet with all that being said travel agencies have trouble obtaining merchant processing accounts. Not only travel agencies but related businesses as well like Timeshare, Vacation Package, Vacation Rental and Travel Membership businesses to name a few. The reason being it’s considered high risk for the banks and the payment processors/ISO’s that typically provide merchant processing accounts for businesses. There are many reasons for this, so let’s just cover a couple of the top ones.
Most banks and ISO’s are not comfortable with high ticket items which mean folks are laying out large amounts on their credit cards for payments. Another concern is a lot of vacation/business trips are booked well in advance which means a lot of cancellations, changes and so forth. Also, travel agencies take payments as a third-party a lot of the time.
Benefits of Travel Agency Merchant Accounts:
- Up to 25% off the markup on your current fees.
- No early termination fees or cancellation fees.
- No application or setup fees.
- Personal FCP consultant.
- Benefit from our relationships.
Benefit from our networks.
- Consultation to Mitigate & Fix Chargebacks.
- Encrypted and easy to use Online Merchant Processing gateways.
Why Choose First Card Payments?
Travel agencies are considered high risk because the industry is susceptible to fraud, typical poor chargeback management and frequent customer misunderstanding of the payment policy.
Chargeback mitigation is vital to your success as a travel agent. At First Card Payments, we work with you as your personal consultant to ensure that you avoid chargebacks. We also help you design personal payment gateways.
Finding the right payment gateway provider is essential. These are the benefits of you, our Travel Agent merchant account holder, receive when working with First Card Payments:
- The ISO/bank sets a fee which the merchant processing company can’t go below, but they can go higher and they do. At First Card Payments, we take up to 25% less, 9 out of 10 times for all jewelry merchant accounts.
- We work with you to mitigate your chance of receiving a chargeback in the first place. We don't just fix it, we help you prevent it.
- Full encrypted, safe and secure payment gateway that is reliable (it won't go down in the middle of a transaction) and easy to use (you don't need a PhD. to use it. We also provide web development for all payment gateways.
- Honesty and transparency are our calling cards. We get our clients to lower fees and we maintain a long-lasting client relationship; it’s a win-win.
You will need a merchant service provider that specializes in high risk merchant processing for a Trael Agent Merchant Processing Account. First Card Payments is that provider.
We Are Travel Agent Experts
We are all aware travel agencies accept credit cards, so why were they able to obtain a merchant processing account? Very simple, just like there’s a lid for every jar, there’s a bank/ISO willing to take on the business for your particular business needs. The more important question to ask yourself is how do I find the right payment processor for my needs?
I know I don’t want an offshore account which can be very costly, and I know even domestic accounts if they are high risk can be costly as well.
That’s where First Card Payments comes to the rescue as far as saving you time, money and frustrations. The three E’s Experience, Experience, and Experience! We’ve been down this road many a time and with over 30 plus solid relationships with the Banks/ISO’s that place high-risk industries, we will we set you up with the right Payment Processor that suits your particular needs for easy approval and we’ll obtain the lowest-priced fees in your industry by far! Guaranteed!
Whatever your situation, whatever your need, we can help.