How To Start An Online Dating Service – Playing Match Maker
Times sure have changed. Long gone are the days of going to the supermarket, park or club in the hopes of meeting the person of your dreams. No longer do we turn to friends and family members for introductions and set ups. Trends, these days, are dictated by the Millennial and Generation Z folks, who much prefer the high-tech and specialized way of getting things done. Dating is no exception. In this case, it’s the rule. So, if you’re looking to start your own online dating service, you’ve made an excellent choice.
The Proof Is In The Numbers
And the numbers don’t lie. Yes, there is a huge amount of competition, with over 2500 online dating websites currently operating in the United States alone. But there’s good reason for that. The online dating industry is extremely lucrative, having reached a profit of $3 billion in 2019, with a growth projection of 25% over the next few years. You can’t beat those numbers if you’re looking for encouragement and motivation! The potential is unlimited, so if you do this right, you’ll be placing yourself on the road to solid financial success.
Let’s Get You Started
Okay, if you’re ready to make this happen, there are some specific steps you’ll need to take, in order to make your business a reality, that pertain in particular to the online dating industry. Don’t panic. They’re all very doable. Thousands of others have done it so far and so can you!
- Specialize: Who is your clientele? Who do you want to focus on? You’re going to need to create a website that will stand out and appeal to your particular audience. Having a distinct market in mind will enable you to specifically invite them to come meet the people they have something in common with. That’s who they’re looking for, so create your niche and you’ll be giving them a reason for choosing your site over the others.
- Create A Personal Profile: You’ll want to put together a comprehensive questionnaire for your clients to fill out. This will enable them to provide a thorough description of who they are, what they like and care about, as well as what type of person they’re hoping to meet. Make it as specific and descriptive as possible, which will serve to help your clients zero in on those that are right for them. The better able they are to describe themselves and what they’re looking for, the more chance they’ll have for actual success.
- Define Your Operation: You’ll need to decide how your business will operate. You can offer a free service that’s supported by advertising or you can charge a fee for your services. Both methods are known to be successful, however the latter approach has proven to be the more profitable way to go.
- Create A Presence: Come up with a great name that clearly defines who your specific audience is and what you’re going to do for them. Design a logo that is visually appealing and distinctly expresses your company’s brand identity. Get your name and logo out to all social media sites. You’ll want to be all over the internet. Don’t forget to take advantage of good old fashioned word of mouth. Make sure your friends, family and acquaintances are aware of your new dating site and encourage them to join. The more people you initially have as members, the more new members you’ll be able to attract.
- Obtain A Merchant Account: If you site charges a fee, you’ll need to be able to accept credit and debit card payments and for that you’ll have to have a merchant account in place. That can be a bit tricky, given that online dating services are considered to be a “high risk” business. Banks and credit card processors are not generally willing to take the risk involved in providing online dating services with a merchant account. The good news is, there are high risk merchant processors, such as us, First Card Payments, that can easily get the job done for you. We have the contacts, know how and experience necessary to get you a merchant account quickly and easily, at a very fair rate. We’ll have you accepting credit and debit card payments asap!
Once you’ve taken the steps necessary to get your business up and running, it’s finally time to get started. You can jump in, knowing that you’ve chosen to participate in a rapidly expanding industry that has proven to be highly successful and profitable. Now let’s get this show on the road!
Contact us at: FirstCardPayments.com
Joyce Hope is a writer who specializes in merchant accounts. She has worked for First Card Payments since 2017.